Let me introduce you to the accounting firm of James L. Ulvog, CPA. I am a sole practitioner providing audits, reviews, information tax return preparation, and consulting services to the religious nonprofit community.
The focus of my accounting firm is to serve organizations by providing needed audit and consulting projects. These can be leveraged to improve ministries in the areas of accounting, finance, and management. Helping ministries function well in those areas is one of many factors that in turn make it possible for the ministries to have a greater impact in their mission.
An audit provides a valuable level of accountability to an organization. The conversations and feedback that take place while providing audits or reviews are good opportunities for organizations to stretch. A review can meet the needs of lenders and some foundations. Compilations can met the needs of some lenders and funders.
Focused consulting projects provide another opportunity to help organizations move forward.
I blog at:
- Nonprofit Update (www.nonprofitupdate.info) – Discussing non-profit issues.
- Attestation Update (www.attestationupdate.com) – Addressing issues of interest to auditors and CPAs.
Please browse the rest of the site for more information about my firm. Click on any of the following for:
- Firm background.
- Services offered by Ulvog CPA.
- Explanation of differences between audit, review, compilation, and preparation.
- Football team’s position on the field as an illustration of the difference between levels of service..
- Overview of a few basic internal controls local churches should have.
- Description of books I have authored.
- Contact information.